It has become clear that we need to formalise our status as a group so we will are proposing to apply to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Foundation model) which means updating our constitution at the AGM.
To simplify this change we’re adopting as much of our current constitution that we agreed last year, and fitting this into the standard charity commission constitution.
The main points are:
- there is already a charity called North Lodge Park (based in Darlington) so we hope the Charity Commission will allow North Lodge Park, Cromer
- we are proposing these keep as on our current constitution
- To protect, enhance and promote North Lodge Park as a place of recreation and enjoyment for the long term benefit of the local community and visitors
- To encourage wide community input and participation in improving the Park so that the Park may best serve the local community and visitors
- To develop, promote and manage facilities and functions in the Park to provide recreational and social opportunities for the local community and visitors
The rest of the 11 pages are standard ways to operate a charity.
You can read our proposed draft constitution here.
You can see the standard format on the charity commission website: gov.uk/…./FoundationModelConstitution.pdf