The Friends of North Lodge Park Cromer, Registered Charity Number 1169907, was established in 2014 (charity registration 2016) to work with the district council, town council and the community to bring life to North Lodge Park.
Community consultations, receiving over 1500 responses, set the direction of the charity to:
- operate the Park cafe as a community cafe,
- host inclusive events for all in the Park,
- restore the Park gardens,
- develop Park facilities with priority on providing children’s recreation.
The charity also has a priority to reduce the financial burden of maintaining and operating the Park.
As a charity, the Friends has a Board of Trustees whose job it is to monitor the charities objectives. The Trustees, along with the management committee, help to govern the charity and direct how it is managed and run.
Who are they?
Find out more about the people who ensure the smooth running of the charity.
To protect, enhance and promote North Lodge Park as a place of recreation and enjoyment for the long term benefit of the local community and visitors
- For the benefit of the local community and visitors of Cromer Norfolk and the surrounding district; to provide and assist in the provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure interests of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life for the community and visitors of the area of benefit without distinction of sex or of political, religious or other opinions in particular but not exclusively by the preservation, promotion, support, assistance and improvement of North Lodge Park.
- To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment of North Lodge Park.
- To assist other charitable organisations in the local area whose area of benefit is the district of Cromer and the surrounding area;
We don’t have a formal membership scheme; keep up to date with us on social media or join our mailing list (see below)
- charity constitution (October 2016)