Be part of the story of North Lodge Park
North Lodge Park is a special place, full of memories of playing games on the grass, sailing boats, or just quietly enjoying the views of the pier, beach and sea.
Play your part in our story
The story of Cromer’s clifftop park between the sea and the town began when North Lodge Park opened on Saturday 18 May 1929.
As we celebrate its 90th birthday a new chapter begins with the development of a fully accessible contemporary bridge which will link the upper lawn to the rest of the park.
This will include a viewing platform, places to sit, and play elements. There will be new access points for the park, and more play opportunities, seating and planting on the upper lawn.
The Friends of North Lodge Park have raised over half the £210,000 cost of the project from tremendous community support through the café, pledges and donations.
We are seeking grant contributions to make up the balance, but need extra help – which gives the chance for you to become part of our story.
From the Rusts Shelter and the two model yacht ponds to benches, plants, and equipment, North Lodge Park has benefited from donations since it opened in 1929. Friends of North Lodge Park volunteers continue the tradition. For £90 you can be part of the North Lodge Park story by sponsoring a plank on our new bridge.
For £90 you can sponsor one of the new bridge planks, and includes – if you would like to do so – an inscribed 4” x 2” plaque with up to three lines of your own words.
Online Sponsorship Form
Part of the next phase will be to place benches on the upper lawn; we are in the early stages of planning this. If you are interested in sponsoring a bench, please leave your details here.
Plaques supplied by:
Some small print
- Plank sponsorship of £90 or more entitles the sponsor to an engraved plaque, 4” x 2” to be screwed onto a plank.
- Please notify us of any textual changes to your personalised plaque text within 10 days of purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any changes made after this time will need to be processed again and may incur further charges.
- It is envisaged that the plaques will be displayed for a period of 25 years after which the commemorative plaque may be removed. The Friends of North Lodge Park or NNDC reserves the right to move or relocate the plaques without liability should circumstances require such action.
- Orders will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Friends of North Lodge Park retain the right to refuse wording they consider to be of an unsuitable nature. Numbers, letters and punctuation marks allowed only.
- Friends of North Lodge Park will have complete discretion over the location and installation date of plaques.
- Due to the fact that the plaques are of a personalised nature, the sponsor has no right of cancellation in respect of the order. No refunds will be given once the order has been placed.
- All plaques remain the sole property of the Park.
- Owing to special events, essential repairs and renovations it may not always be possible to view your plaque, therefore it is advisable to check access before a visit.
- Plaques are due to be installed on the completion of the Playful Connection bridge. All sponsors will be notified when they are on show and able to view.
- The Friends will not be responsible or liable for the cleaning or maintenance of the plaques once they have been laid.
- The sponsor acknowledges that North Lodge Park is open to the general public and can not accept liability for damage, loss, vandalism or theft of any plaque.